Itunes Library

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

james_fish

Chuck, Leader Of Ze People.
Reaction score
Just started my iTunes this morning and found it empty without my library, so I tried importing my library in the usual manner but it's 'corrupted & unreadable' This is bad times as my music is scattered ALL over my computer due to my lazy folder management!

The only place where all my music is together is on my iPod, how can I extract the music/videos/pictures from it back to create a new library identical to my previous library? I don't want 1200 songs down the pan!

Thanks, James.

You can't extract it back as far as I'm aware, minus the photos which you can do directly through the operating system.

You could a restore though by the looks of it, try this link:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1451

Thanks for the reply Darkstar. I solved the problem just forgot about the thread!

What I did:

iPod into computer, immediatly close iTunes so it did not sync. Went to 'my computer' copied the 'iPod Control' folder to 'my documents' on my computer. copied each song back to the empty iTunes library. Sorted, the only thing that did not carry over was the play count, which im really not fussed about.

Thanks anyway :good:

James.

if you want your songs back, when your computer is up and running again, theres an application called senuti, which is itunes backwards. you take music from your ipod and while using senuti, import it back into your library. are you using mac or windows?

if you want your songs back, when your computer is up and running again, theres an application called senuti, which is itunes backwards. you take music from your ipod and while using senuti, import it back into your library. are you using mac or windows?

Windows, like I said i've sorted it. But i'll keep that in mind incase it decides to mess up on me again. :blink:

James. :good:

Most reactions

Back