It's a small pond

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Ann from Vermont

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new. My name is Ann and I live in Vermont. I'm very in to my outdoor water gardens. I have two small earth bottomed water gardens ( 1000 gallons and 3000 gallons ) and a larger lined pond ( 100,000 gallons ). I have been watching ads in the paper to buy an aquarium to over winter my feeder goldfish. Last weekend found a great buy and bought a 33 gallons long and a 125 gallon aquarium. My husband is in shock that I would buy such a large aquarium. I tell him that it's really just a small pond. However the 125 gallon is much too beautiful to house goldfish, and I want to go with tropical fish. I had a 20 gallon aquarium many years ago, and know just enough to know that I am in way over my head. This forum seems like a great bunch of people and I know that I will have millions of questions!
Ann from Vermont

Be sure to check out the Coldwater Forum. :) 100,000 gallon pond :hyper: just call it a lake, you must have used alot of liner for that and have one massive garden! Sounds very nice, look foward to seeing pictures if it is possible. :thumbs:

100,000 GALLONS :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

i bet you have koi in there, but i would sell them and trade them in for some nice big New World Cichlids! :p

:hi:

im sure you'll get lots of good advice in the Coldwater section,

enjoy your time here

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm sorry that I can't post pond pictures, as my son is the only one who has that technical knowledge, and he just left for his freshman year of college. I don't have any koi, but do have about 50 trout in the big pond. I've thought about koi, but pond plants are my true love, and I would not be happy to have koi eating my tropical lilies. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions....spent the past week painting the aquarium stands and the walls behind them. Gotta start putting my ponds to bed, so will be a few weeks before I can really start getting into this aquarium stuff! I really think it is going to be a lot of fun! Thanks again in advance for all your help.

Ann

Most reactions

Back