Is using Seachem Stability necessary AFTER my tank is cycled?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MikeMTL

Reaction score
I'm guessing the answer is no, but I just want to confirm. I'm going to start using Seachem Stability to help my cycle along but I was wondering if I need to continue dosing even after the tank is establish

I'm guessing the answer is no, but I just want to confirm. I'm going to start using Seachem Stability to help my cycle along but I was wondering if I need to continue dosing even after the tank is establish

No. In spite of what Seachem may suggest on the label, or their website (can't remember which), there is no value in using Stability once the tank is cycled and established. Fresh water with conditioner is all you need, weekly, at the water change.

I totally agree with @Byron it is just a way for them to sell a product. It is unnecessary and every chemical you add to you tank ends up in your fish. I only add flourish comp for my plants and use conditioner to deal with chlorine in my tap water at water changes.

[/QUOTEyes I agree with everyone it is not necessary the only time you might want to use it is if you are scrubbing every surface in your tank and cleaning the filter. To prevent having a spike in your tank but for the most part you don’t need it.

As a general rule, do NOT add anything to the tank water other than following what is required on the fishless cycle article during a fishless cycle as this may well crash the cycle and you’ll have to start all over again.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back