Reaction score
3 gouramis moonlites
1 plec king tiger 5inch
8 platys
5 corries
2 oto's

in a 30g tank is this to many for my tank

many thanks :)

You might be a little overstocked, but cories and ottos are very low waste producers. With good filtration and staying on top of water changes you should be fine :)

Is it a new tank? If so, I'd stay away from the otos. They are well known for being fragile, ie. for established tanks only.

OohFeeshy said:
Is it a new tank? If so, I'd stay away from the otos. They are well known for being fragile, ie. for established tanks only.
Tell me about it :rolleyes: My tank is about 5 months old and I made the mistake of buying otos. They all died less than 24 hours of adding them to my tank. :-(

Mine were ok, but then my tank had been through the fishless cycle. Certainly wouldn't put them in a cycling tank, for example.

personally IMO you have two many moonlite gouramis in your tank this is the amount that orignally started with in my 30gal after much aggression I have one remaining (the rest for fear of attacking each other) where returned to the pet store. Personally I'd get only one of thoughs for an aquarium under 35gals or I'm sure you'll run into the same problems I faced.

Also it should be mentioned that otos are a schooling fish and perfer to be in groups of at least 4-6

i was carefull in buyin females only
2 or moonlites
1 is a pearl
i took the other male moonlite back to the lfs
and swapped it for a female pearl instead

UPDATE :nod:

Most reactions

Back