is my guppy pregnant

guppyfish

Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if someone could help me . I have a large female guppy and I was wondering if she was pregnant ?..
I have uploaded some pics to
http://www.angelfire.com/nb/guppy
If someone could tell me either yes or no I would be so greatful.

Hi guppyfish and WELCOME to the forum.........

It does look like your female may be gravid...errrrr pregnant.

On thing to look for in the next couple of days is her bellie turning red. I thought I noticed a littler hint of red already.

Watch her over the next few days and if her bellie gets larger that's a good sign she is pregnant.

Yes she's definately 100% pregnant - the black blob is the frys eyes! Being a side angle its hard to tell just how swollen she is. From what I can see, I personally don't think she is going to drop the fry in the next few days. I reckon it could be at least a week and perhaps a little longer.

Bang on willis!

Good luck GuppyFish :lol: :)

I want to thank you all for your replies.
:D
my next question to you all is when should I place her in the breeder tank ?

What other fish do you have in the tank? What I always did, platies were my biggest fish... is wait till the babies are born before putting them in the breeder. It saves the stress on teh momma fish, some of the fish may get eaten but my platies weren't that big. Depends what other fish and what cover you have in the tank for them really :)

Hi thank you for your fast reply.
I have 2 silver dollars , 3 neon tetras, 2 mollys and 2 male and 3 female guppies and I albino corydora catfish..

Thanks

Ah silver dollars, I reckon they'd do quite a bit of damage to your babies I'm afraid. With guppies you can usually wait until you really think the fish is actually going to "burst" . The later you put her in the breeder tank the better really, and the more fry and the more change momma will have of living. The corydorus will also seek out any fry they look so cute but I saw him devour one of mine :crazy: :X :-(

Good luck, it takes a few times to recognise just when but you have 3 females (perhaps get 1 more female as they may be getting stressed by the males ratio 1:2 or 1:3 is best) you should be getting about 3 litters every 5 weeks, so you willhave plenty to err "practise" on ... :alien:

SHES pregnat alright

GO black Hawks i am a huge Hockey fan as u can tell my team is the hawks of course

Most reactions

Back