Intel Core I3

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Nick16

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
hi all, i was unable to play battlefield bad company 2 on my main desktop because it is a bit old now and wont play THE most modern of games.

however i have now got a laptop and was hoping i should be able to run it. however, i sold my old copy of the game so i need a definate yes or no whether it willl run before i buy another copy.

my laptop is a dell studio 15 i3.

click here

its the left hand side on in the columns if you scroll down.

Recommended System Requirements to run BFBC2
Processor: Any Quadcore Processor - mine is an intel core i3 (is that any good?)
Memory: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 15 GB for Digital Version, 10 GB for Disc Version
Video Memory: 512 MB (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260)
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
DirectX: 10
Keyboard and Mouse - YES
DVD Rom Drive - YES

can a computer wizz help me ?

cheers

hooorah!!!

thanks mate. its nice to get a definitive answer.

i guess if it will run BFBC2 it will run COD MW2.

cheers for your help.

Oh yes, i have a hp laptop that has a crappy hd 4xxx gpu in it that runs them games lol

after having teething problems with good old punkbuster on the PC, i am now having them again on my laptop.

during online gaming on battlefield 2, i get kicked from a server saying... communication failure pnkbstrA.

i believe i have tracked this down to be my firewall blocking the .exe files which is a real pain. however, i only have AVG free and im pretty sure this doesnt have a firewall? if it dooes i cant see how to access it and make sure i manually doesnt block these files...

my PC runs AVG free as well and somehow the game used to run fine on that?

can anyone help me to get it running again? how can i manually stop AVG from blocking these .exe files. (they are located in my windows - system32 area)

Are you using o2 be? lol whos your provider honestly though

? what im confused?

my provider? i have BT broadband, and use AVG free for my internet protection...

i get kicked from a server saying... communication failure pnkbstrA.

sounds like you need to update punkbuster to me

thats exactly what i get.

i have updated my PB using the tool from evenbalance, but i swear its something to do with the firewall.

i seem to remember having this problem ages ago on my PC.
its stopping pnkbustrA communicating with pnkbustrB

hm.....ar ports opened? does your bt homehub port forward?

its decided to work tooday for some unknown reason. i guess me restarting the computer helped after all the trouble yesterday. even though i let it restart itself after install etc.

Most reactions

Back