i'm over-crowded

SneakBetta

Fish Addict
Reaction score
In my 6-gallon tank I have-
1 Red Flame Gourami (2 inches)
1 Black Fin Tetra (about 2.5 inches)
2 Neon Tetras (about 1.5 inches each)

I have 7.5 inches of fish in total. Could this be bad for the fish? It's only 1.5 inches over 6. Should I change the water more often than once a week since it's over-crowded?

Also, I have an Eclipse 6 which is a bio-wheel filter.

If all your fish swim at different levels and as long as you keep everything nice and clean then there shoudnt be too much to worry about there.

Are the sizes you mentioned their adult sizes?

I've had the gourami and black fin tetra for a little over a year now, so they're full grown. I got the neon tetras a couple months ago (about 2 months), so they aren't full grown yet but I listed how big they're supposed to be when adults.

littleme1969 said:
ermmm crossed wires.. yes the yorkie cross is adorable and way cute ;)
But was talking about sneakbetta's Av pic.. :lol:
In that case:

That's not a puppy, it's a hairy rat :p

(only joking SneakBetta ;) )

:rofl: I love small dogs really

littleme1969 said:
Off the topic here folks but............. that puppy is so cute :wub: ;)
What breed is he?
It looks like my pup did as a baby.... my pup is a Lhasa Apso. Is that what you've got in your avatar, Sneakbetta?

Umm, I never thought u were talking about my dog. Infact the thought never crossed my mind!

LOL, The reason for my smiley was because I posted something then realised I was wrong so I had to delete it but cant just have a blank post so I just stuck a smiley in there!

My old dog was a lhasa apso!

The puppy in my avatar is a havanese! It's not my puppy, but we just got a havanese puppy a week ago. She was my birthday present~! They're my favorite breed of dogs!

Also, the tetras in my tank will be happy with just the 2 of them right?

Will the Black Fin Tetra eventually join the neon tetras when they swim around the tank together?

Most reactions

Back