I'm Doing It...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

That hermit piccy is superb mate! Love the 'eyes' sticking out from under the shelll !!! ;)

That doesnt look like an ordinary mushroom mate, that looks like youve got one gorgeous Ricordea! :drool: Nice find, lucky bugga! :p

That doesnt look like an ordinary mushroom mate, that looks like youve got one gorgeous Ricordea! :drool: Nice find, lucky bugga! :p

I saw it and had to have it (even though i know I'm not really ready)

only cost me £1 :D

Meh, anybody who water changes religiously and has better than T12 lighting can keep rics. They're a piece of cake :)

It's been an eventfull evening so far...

The little blue leg got stuck in a hole in a bit of live rock... i got him out and then set about finding the mushroom (Ricordea) as it had blown about and dissapeard... I'd grabbed a few small bits of LR at lunch anf have put them in a floating breeding trap to try and get it attached. this went well and by the time i was done the little blue leg had decided to upgrade its home :)

didnt get the camera in time though :(

BLHC3.jpg

I got another glimpse of the stowaway last night, but still not a good one - just a flash as it ran...
It even left a line of closed star polyps in its path so I didn't image it :D

While trying to spot it I found a couple of weird worms stretched out from the rock...
2 of them - gray in colour and like an earthworm clinging to the rock...
They both retracted into pin prick holes when the light hit them... any ideas?

I'll try and get pictures tonight.

A quick tip, for night time viewing, use a red light. Fish/inverts arnt affected, so they keep on doing what they are doing, withought you having to turn a light on to see them, and them retreating. Place some cut-out red cellophane over the end of a flash light (use several layers). Then whalla! You should be able to see your tank without the inverts escaping into their holes!

Most reactions

Back