If i was breeding guppies could i have corys

Dont see why not, altho the females will have to be spawned in a seperate tank or in a breeder trap as the parents will eat them and possibly the cory's to.

see i thought about it yes i know the parents will eat em but i wasn't sure if cories would now i know

Yes cories will eat any fry they can get near... The trouble is livebearer fry tend to hide underthings near the bottom of the tank to evade the mummy and daddy guppies... then they sit at the bottom and the cories come along and hoover them up -_- -_- I saw this happening a few times before I believed it, cories look so friendly! :unsure: :unsure: :X

:( Just about any fish will eat fry if they will fit in their mouths and they can catch them. :unsure:

If you are serious about breeding guppies, you will need another tank with dense floating plants for cover. :) Mac.

Sad to say but, If you want to breed the corys the guppie fry would make great conditioning food. Along with there greens ( spirulina )

Danny

Just a thought

I am talking about a diffrent tank

a 10 gallon if i bred guppies in it and i had marble for gravel could they hid under marble and cories can't ge tat em or will they find away to get em

okay I must be the exemption to everyting. because I had like 10 guppies that turned to at least 40. and my mommies and daddies never really bothered the babies but then again they were in a 30g tank. until I added my jack.(bert thats his name)
I just wanted to get rid of the guppies but like I said if htere is enough room like any fish and plenty of food babbies sohould be fine.

Most reactions

Back