I want clown loaches!!!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

So say he was going to get 3 small 1 inch clown loaches they would be fine for quite some time until he could get the bigger tank. Its just IMO but my 3 clowns that are 1 inch bunch up together in the cave for most of the day, and Im getting a bigger tank in a year.

I have 4 clowns in my 140g, and I got them over a year ago. they have barely grown in this time. 3 of them are around 4-5" and one is about 5-6". They are painfully slow growers, so as long as you are prepared to make that commitment and definately buy a tank big enough for them, then it's ok to keep them in a smaller tank for a while. Personally I wouldn't do it that way because you never know what may happen in a year or so, but the possibility is there.

I want them too and I will get them soon I have a 40 gal which I will start them off in and I a year or two I will get a bigger tank when they grow. Im sure its a better place than some of the people they could be going home with. As long as your willing to make the commitment and know that you will need a larger tank eventually I dont think there is a problem. I for some reason can't insert a link but this web page tell alot about clowns it has some movies and sound have you ever heard the clicking sound that they make its really cool check it out.

http://www.loaches.com/

Hi...I like the request someone made above. Anyone have a picture of what a 6-8" clown loach that they can upload here? SH

I've read in many places that it can take a decade for a clown to reach full size, AKA, no rush in getting a bigger tank :p

thanks folks,

has always been my intention to get another, bigger tank at some stage anyway 'cos am just hooked on this fish keeping business!! :D

Having read all your posts i have decided to get my 3 clowns in the next couple of weeks or so and by looking at your advices I have a fair bit of time ahead of me to sort out a larger home for them before they grow too big.

cheers to everyone for your help :kana:

tbr

Most reactions

Back