I think I have finally found a CO2 system!

I got a spare JBL 500g for £10 off eBay. Unfortunately the CO2 fever is spreading like wildfire, especially on this forum so competition on eBay is growing!

Cool find @ombomb!

I think a soleniod isnt worth much without the ph controller, so good find!
Since the ph drop over night isnt much while running co2, turning it off at night isnt of much value, other then saving some co2, which is cheap....at least in the US....
But since the needle valve is a pretty sensitive thing, i find im adjusting it every couple days, since it usually slows down over that time...causing me to turn it back up a tad...which is kinda a pain...
With a controller, you could say run the defusser abit on the 'too' fast side, and let the controller take care of the ph without worries :)

Ill prob add a solenoid n controller sometime down the road just for this reason....

I just spoke to the guy I'm buying this from, I've sent the payment and this will be in the post to me tomorrow along with a 2KG cylinder!

Can't wait to get started!

Fabulous news ! :cool:
2 kg will last you an awful long time though :blink:

2kg.. what is that, about 4-5 pounds?
Im using a 5 pound one now...
How long to you figure a 5 pounder will last?

I have a 20 pound(9kg) tank hooked up to my beer taps :)

2Kg = 4.4lb

How long it lasts depends on tank size, planting, lighting, fertilisation, CO2 levels required, CO2 loss through surface agitation etc. etc.

An "average" 100 litre (30G) planted heavily, CO2 30ppm, minimal CO2 loss - 2Kg cylinder will last around 18 months to 2 years I'd guess.

Most reactions

Back