I need help!

Coral platy

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi.
As you all know i have some discus. Well it has been 3 days now and they are still not settled in. They are eating but a few of them still dont have there colour back yet. I will list the fish i have in the tank.

Red tailed shark
Discus
angels
tetra (silver tips, blue king and neons)
plecs (tiger and bristlenose.)
scissor tails.

Is there any thing here that could be bothering them? I am scared they are going to die and i dont want this.
Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks
James

What sze is the tank, what are your test results in ammonia,nitrite,nitrate,and ph, what was the ph of the store to your tank.

First of all, I don't think 3 days is a very long time for fish to get used to their new home. As long as they're eating, I'd just wait and see for a while longer.

I have no personal experience of discus, but I've heard they can be nervous and shouldn't be kept with anything too lively or aggressive. The first thing that comes to mind then are the angels and the red-tailed shark. Could they be bothering the discus?

I have a juwel rio 180 planted tank. The angels are being ok with the discus as they are the ones the discus is "sticking" with. The red tail shark never comes out only for feeding. So should i say leave it a few more days. I cannot give test results sorry i dont have no money/test kits.

James

Soon as possible take a sample of your water to the lfs and tell them to write the readings down.

I hope they will hold untill xmas. If turning the lights OFF may make them stress less?
James

I Have bought the discus then i did not have any money when i get some i wil buy a test kit.
Also i am british.

James

Wilder said:
Soon as possible take a sample of your water to the lfs and tell them to write the readings down.
I suggest you pay heed to this advice. If you can't afford test strips/kits, at least take some water to a LFS and have them test it for ya. I have never heard of a LFS that charged for that service (aka...it is free).

Do that and report back with numbers....IF you want to.

:no:

JT

Isnt there a theory that Angels and Discus should not kept together :blink:

Just give your Discus time to settle i as suggested. It took my neons a couple of wees for them to come out of hiding!!!

Angels and discus both come from the amazon rivers. So they both will live together peacfully. People say they will not live together because they get aggresive when they "pair" off.
James

Most reactions

Back