I NEED HELP WITH SOMEHTING

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

KISSSY_LOVER

Reaction score
I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS THE RIGHT FORUM TO POST THIS QUESTION BECOUSE I'M NEW AND I HAVENT GOTTEN THE HANG OF THINGS YET SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT PLACE FOR IT....BUT I'M HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY AQUARIUM....FIRST OF ALL IT WAS GIVEN TO ME AND A WHILE AGO I STARETD TO NOTICE SNAILS....{YUUK}...IT HAD GOTTON SO BAD THAT THERE WAS NUTHING I COULD DO BUT CHANGE THE ROCKS AND THE FILTERS...I THOUGHT THIS WOULD TAKE CARE OF THE PROBLEM...AND IT DID FOR A WHILE ...BUT I'V STARTED TO NOTICE THAT THEY'RE COMING BACK :( ...I HAVE THREE PINK KISSY FISH AND AN ALGIE EATER....I'VE ALSO NOTICED THAT MY TANK'S WARTER DOES NOT LOOK AS CLEAR AS I THINK IT SHOULD AND I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT IS WRONG.... :( THESE ARE MY BABIES...PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN...

Well with my experience with snails....ICK :sick: is that I have to add "Had-a-snail" to my tank at least once a month to keep the little buggers away.. I have done all the water, rocks, filter changes too.. I haven't had them for a few months now (cross my fingers ) and it seems to work. I just try to get the ones out that I can see. I get them out with my fingers and toss 'em.
As far as the water clarity, I also had that probelm when I set up my tank intially. Did you check all your nitrates, nitrites and ammonia levels?? All mine were fine so I add what is called "cycle" to my tanks and cleared whatever was ailing them right up... :D Had to do that a couple of times. Hope this helps, I am no expert by all means but that is what I did when I had the problems you did and it seemed to clear everthing up and now I've been having babies in my tank :wub: Good luck!

Hi and welcome to the forum. First, please can you give some more info about your tank.

Snails normally "hitch" a ride on new plants and are quite difficult to get rid of. There are a couple of ways, one is to get "snail eating fish" but that very much depends on the size of your tank and wether it's stable or not. Another way is to put some lettuce in a bottle and put the whole thing in the tank overnite and with a little bit of luck, first thing in the morning all the snails will be munching on the lettuce in the bottle and all you have to do is take the whole thing out.

Lastly, just a gentle suggestion. Please don't use capital letters, it's as if you're shouting and a lot of people won't answer you because of that.

thrdwatchfan said:
Well with my experience with snails....ICK :sick: is that I have to add "Had-a-snail" to my tank at least once a month to keep the little buggers away.. I have done all the water, rocks, filter changes too.. I haven't had them for a few months now (cross my fingers ) and it seems to work. I just try to get the ones out that I can see. I get them out with my fingers and toss 'em.
As far as the water clarity, I also had that probelm when I set up my tank intially. Did you check all your nitrates, nitrites and ammonia levels?? All mine were fine so I add what is called "cycle" to my tanks and cleared whatever was ailing them right up... :D Had to do that a couple of times. Hope this helps, I am no expert by all means but that is what I did when I had the problems you did and it seemed to clear everthing up and now I've been having babies in my tank :wub: Good luck!
THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR REPLYING....WHERE CAN I GET "HAD-A SNIAL"....AND TANK "CYCLE" IS IT?

Hi Gadazobe,
What kind of bottle should you use? ???? does it take care of them all so they don't come back? :dunno: I would rather do that than keep adding chemicals to my tank. Thanks for the info :D

Any bottle that has an opening large enough to let the snails in. Just make sure that it's really clean before putting it in the tank. I also prefer "natural" methods to using chemicals. It might not get rid of 100% of the snails, but it should keep them under control.

gadazobe said:
Hi and welcome to the forum. First, please can you give some more info about your tank.

Snails normally "hitch" a ride on new plants and are quite difficult to get rid of. There are a couple of ways, one is to get "snail eating fish" but that very much depends on the size of your tank and wether it's stable or not. Another way is to put some lettuce in a bottle and put the whole thing in the tank overnite and with a little bit of luck, first thing in the morning all the snails will be munching on the lettuce in the bottle and all you have to do is take the whole thing out.

Lastly, just a gentle suggestion. Please don't use capital letters, it's as if you're shouting and a lot of people won't answer you because of that.
Thank you for the tip with the capital letters.... ;) i have a 55 gallon tank and i have tried the cucumber thing with cup...but i awlays have a problem keeping it on the bottom of the tank....any suggestions? I have a basic water test kit wich seems to be giving me decent readings.At first i thought the water was cloudy becouse of the gravel change but now i'm not so sure...i'm getting kind of worried my babies don't look stressed out but i'm not sure the water is suposed to look like that either... :(

The bottle has to sink - I find that a glass bottle sinks better than a cup - a clean glass pop bottle is fine.

White cloudy water after a gravel clean and water change is normally a sign of a bacterial bloom and should settle in a day or two.

Most reactions

Back