I did it at last!! Can I add more fish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

The figure you need is 1.68 deg Clark. The two hardness units used in fish keeping are ppm and dH (fish profiles will use one or the other).

1.68 Clark = 24 ppm and 1.3 dH.
That's not just 'soft' it's 'very soft'.

This is perfect for soft water fish, which also prefer a pH below 7.0. I would stop using the coral sand and make sure you keep soft water fish.

Seriously Fish is just about the best website for fish research. They have two species called hoplo, is yours one of these?
There are others as well. But the two on Seriously Fish appear to be hard water fish, which are not really suitable for your water - or compatible with the other fish.

Right ok. That answers a few questions. Iā€™ll look into the hoplos and maybe rehome them if need be. Iā€™m away till weekend from tomorrow so lots of time to think and sort it. Thanks again

One other thing I noticed from your images is that your tap nitrate is very low. This should make it easy for you to keep tank nitrate well below 20 ppm :)

One other thing I noticed from your images is that your tap nitrate is very low. This should make it easy for you to keep tank nitrate well below 20 ppm :)
At least thereā€™s something good...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back