I CANT BELVE IT..HELP

GSD

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
i have a new 20 gal.Over the last few days ive lost 3 mollys.They get cloudy eyes which i think is Corneal Opacity (cloudy eye)
and dont eat and just die.I know my water is proberbly the cause but please dont ask my readings because i get tested at my LFS and i dont know them,the other day i got tested and found that my ammonia and ph were high so the woman BACTOZYM an AMMOLOCK and told me to put it in the tank but there still dying.What can i do coz ive got some loverly catfish and i dont want to loose them.Ive been doing some reserch and think it could be this what do you guys think?? :thumbs:

Clinical Signs
Possible Causes

The sudden death of many fish over a short period of time with few preceding symptoms. Surviving fish hang around the water surface / stay on the bottom and may lose equilibrium. They are lethargic and don't eat. 1) Acute poisoning. Water should be tested for core parameters and fish examined for signs of severe parasite or bacterial infection. If possible, post mortem recently dead fish. If these are negative carry out a 75% or more water change on the presumption of some (as yet, unknown) toxin. Send water sample away for toxicology testing.

which is exactly some of the symptoms!!!!

or

If your ammonia is high don't look any fursther

change at least 20% of your water everyday until ammonia and nitrites are 0 and hope for the best

it looks like you have an uncycled tank

it has been running with fish for about 5 weeks now with no probs but i guess ur the experts
Shqall i just start again :(

ammonia kill slowly...
what it does basically is it sticks to the blood so oxygen can't be absorbed by the blood

kind of like when we breath carbon monoxyde. The body will eventually get rid of it, but it takes a while. Constant exposure to ammonia will kill off the fish after a few days or a few weeks.

Don't add any more fish and go on with the water changes, this will lower the ammonia level and hopefully the friendly bacteria will catch up and break it down.

Bad water quality can cause cloudy eye, water changes to fetch your ammonia down, if you have no scaless fish add some salt to the tank.

Most reactions

Back