How much Seachem Flourish do I add to my 3 gallon tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ItzAllyCat

Reaction score
I just got seachem flourish for my Java fern plants and am struggling to calculate the right amount so instead of getting too frustrated I’m deciding to ask on here. I have a 3 gallon tank so what exact dosage should I use?

A very small amount as java ferns are slow growing.

The dose rate on the bottle is 5 ml per 60 gallons so that's 0.25 ml in 3 gallons. For java ferns I'd use 0.1ml or even a bit less. Syringes are useful for dosing tiny amounts, I have a 1 ml babies medicine dosing syringe which is graduated in 100ths of a ml.

A very small amount as java ferns are slow growing.

The dose rate on the bottle is 5 ml per 60 gallons so that's 0.25 ml in 3 gallons. For java ferns I'd use 0.1ml or even a bit less. Syringes are useful for dosing tiny amounts, I have a 1 ml babies medicine dosing syringe which is graduated in 100ths of a ml.
How many drops would that be from the bottle? I don’t have a syringe at the moment.

I'd use 1 drop until you can measure it. Once a week. Java ferns are very slow growing and too much fertiliser could result in a lot of algae.

Personally I think that you would do better with Comprehensive rather than Flourish. Seems to still be good for plants but better for fish.

I will assume this is just a mix-up of words...Flourish Comprehensive Supplement for the Planted Aquarium gives it its full name. You may be thinking of Flourish Excel, a very different product I would never use.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back