How Many Pounds Of Rock?

XeroTolerance

If You Ain't Blasting, You Ain't Lasting!
Reaction score
Hey!

I am starting to aquascape and I need to get some rocks for the job. The thing is, there is no store around me that sells rocks, so I have to order on the internet. Most sites give me an option of how many pounds I want, but I have no idea the scale of the rocks and if they will fit in my 10 gallon. If anybody has any information I would be very pleased! :D

Hey!

I am starting to aquascape and I need to get some rocks for the job. The thing is, there is no store around me that sells rocks, so I have to order on the internet. Most sites give me an option of how many pounds I want, but I have no idea the scale of the rocks and if they will fit in my 10 gallon. If anybody has any information I would be very pleased!
biggrin.png

There's never a set amount of rocks needed for FW, It's more Live rocks for SW that you need to work out how much you need as a filter.

So order as much or as little as you want and mess about with different sizes and such until you get it prefect.

or go out and collect it and scrub it down then you'll get the rock you want

Thanks for your replies! I know that I can have as much as I want, but I do not really want to over-oder or under-oder online because the stones and shipping is expensive. In addition there really is no rocks where I live that would suit the theme of the tank that I am trying to create. Thanks :)

I agree with the suggestion of 10lb, remember to make a mental note on how much there is when you receive it for future reference.

Most reactions

Back