How Many Can I Put In My 60l Tank?

angel.star

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have been keeping coldwater goldfish for over two years now, but sadly they have all met their maker (largely due to mistakes on my part at the beginning of their life with me, lessons have been learned), and I have one Ottocinclus remaining in the tank. I would like to get him some company and would like to get some guppies and/or platties.

My mum has been breeding platties for a couple of years and would like me to take some of her babies, which I'm happy to do, but I would also like some guppies because they're so beautiful. Do the breeds mix well?

I have a 60L tank with a TetraTec EasyCrystal filter and a heater - how many fish, in total, can I have in the tank?

I'm grateful for your help!

:)

i watched a video from video jug regarding this matter...
and from what they've said.. the best thing to know
how many fish you can put in your aquarium is to
get the area of your tank:

area= length x width

then divide it by 30 and the quotient is the total length
of the fishes recommended in correspond to the size
of the tank..

G'day Angel.star

From my understanding Otocinclus are not an aggressive fish nor are guppies. Also guppies tend to hang around more at the top to middle of the tank and Otocinclus seem to stay around the bottom or the middle. I should not think you will have a problem mixing them together.

Regards

Fireman Sam

For a 60 litre tank, roughly 15 gallons, you can stock around 15" of adult size fish. Thats just a guide though depending on filtration and water changes and size of fish of course :)

Wrams, a cm per litre is a heavy stocking for a new fish keeper to keep up with. As you become more experienced it might be OK depending on the particular fish but is no place to start. Try 1 cm of adult size fish for every 2 litres and it will be a better starting point.

Wrams, a cm per litre is a heavy stocking for a new fish keeper to keep up with. As you become more experienced it might be OK depending on the particular fish but is no place to start. Try 1 cm of adult size fish for every 2 litres and it will be a better starting point.

Thats what the local fish shop told me...Just aswell i didn't follow there instructions. :blush:

Thanks for all your advice everyone.

Apologies for my lack of maths ability, but I've figured that I'm going to start with around ten fish in the tank in total, hopefully a mix of guppies, platties, neons/cardinals or similar, and my little Otto. Does this sound ok?

:huh: :look:

Most reactions

Back