How long should I continue treatment

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

daza

Fishaholic
Reaction score
This isn't an emergency in the sense that I am panicking, but still the most appropriate place to post I think.

I saw last Monday that one of my White Clouds had a white fungus patch on him, and he was very lethargic, being pushed by the current and mainly sitting on the bottom. Also, one of the danios was looking fat and swimming sideways and upside down but still very active.

Knowing I couldn't get to the lfs until Tuesday I did some reading in my books and here online, decided it was a fungus thing (affecting the danio in a different way or perhaps it was coincidence and it was constipated?)

Unfortunately that White Cloud was dead on Tuesday morning. I bought Tetra FungiStop and have been treating according to the instructions from Tuesday until yesterday (3 days). The instructions say to treat for 2 to 5 days until there are signs of improvement.

All the other fish, including the danio, have looked okay for a day or so now and are swimming normally. So in your experience, should I stop treatment now, do a water change, add some carbon sponge or treat for a couple more days?

Just wondering because I know such things have a habit of coming back.

I would continue the course for the two days then do what you suggested.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back