How I Got Rid Of My Algae

Reaction score
Here is how I got rid of my algae on my decorations and fake plants
I removed all of my decorations and fake plants before I began (so I didn't have to put my hands in the water a risk chemicals getting in)
I then filled a bucket with 3 litres of warm-hot water then added bleach to a ratio of 1:20 bleach to water (you can add a little bit less bleach if you want but DO NOT ADD MORE THAN 20mL PER LITRE i.e I did 50mL for my 3 litres)
Then I squirted some algae control chemical stuff (I used the API AlgaeFix) (this is optional but I had it there so I used it)
I then swirled the water around briefly before adding my decorations and fake plants (they are all rather small but if yours are bigger then just add more water and bleach using the ratio above)
I made sure no parts of the decorations stuck out of the water.
Once the above was done I filled another bucket (the one I use for my water changes so I was sure that no chemicals had ever been in it) I filled it with cold water to about 5 litres and added dechlorinater following the recommended ratio per litre.
I left the decorations soaking for around 5 hours and left the bucket with just water and dechlorinater sit for around the same time.
Towards the end of the 5 hours I cleaned out my fish tank doing my best to remove all algae on the glass, gravel, filter etc.
Once my fish tank was ready to have the decorations back inside it I removed them from the bleach and water bucket to the dechlorinatered bucket where I rinsed them thoroughly (emptying the bucket then refilling it and adding the appropriate dechlorinater)
Once I was satisfied that the decorations were safe to put back into my tank I did so.

I found this was successful and have lately not had many algae problems since and all my fish have survived!
Hope this has helped some of you with algae problems!
:)
Blondielovesfish

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back