Honey/gold Gourami Gone White

tattoed fish face

Reaction score
Hello, i have had my tank for a while and got two honey/gold gouramis as well as other fish, however one of my gouramis has turned very white, every thing about him/her is the same. Still eating, pooping, and swimming freely, isnt upset, what do you think this could be?

Thank you.

Hello, i have had my tank for a while and got two honey/gold gouramis as well as other fish, however one of my gouramis has turned very white, every thing about him/her is the same. Still eating, pooping, and swimming freely, isnt upset, what do you think this could be?

Thank you.

What are your ammonia and nitrite levels?

Thank you.

Hi, they are all fine i took water to pet shop also to double check, it is only 1 of my gouramis that has gone white too.

Thank you.

Hi, they are all fine i took water to pet shop also to double check, it is only 1 of my gouramis that has gone white too.

What are the sex of the gourami? Are they both interacting with each other? Can you post a picture of it? Also, to confirm, did the lfs(llocal fish store) tell you that the levels are at 0?

Thank you.

What are the sex of the gourami? Are they both interacting with each other? Can you post a picture of it? Also, to confirm, did the lfs(llocal fish store) tell you that the levels are at 0?

I am not sure of the sex they both looked the same when i got them around 5 months ago, it is only the last few weeks that one has started to fade, i will post pictures tomorrow as i am away from my tank now.
Thank you for you advice i cant get a answer anywhere, the lfs said my levels were at 0 and normal, and that if the fish was behaving normally it will be best to just leave if. they do interact with each other at times, but also mingle on their own. I just want to know what i am looking for if anything!
Thanks again for your advice.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe the gourami was in the spawn before you got it. When they spawn, their colours are very intense. Stress from the new environment can make it pale as well. You should also test your pH too.

Good luck and :hi: to the forum

Thank you.

Hi, i have the same problem i think :/ my theory is that their a hybrid between a honey and a red gourami which could be why the colouring isnt as vibrant or could be the result of the food, i feed mine flakes produced from the manufacturer 'Aquarian' but got told 'Tetra' is better quality and has special food for bring out colouring- am going to try if that makes much difference.

Thank you.

Hi, i have the same problem i think :/ my theory is that their a hybrid between a honey and a red gourami which could be why the colouring isnt as vibrant or could be the result of the food, i feed mine flakes produced from the manufacturer 'Aquarian' but got told 'Tetra' is better quality and has special food for bring out colouring- am going to try if that makes much difference.

Have you tried New Life Spectrum? It naturally enhances fish colour and has top quality ingredients. I only just started using it this past year and I am very happy with the results :good:

Most reactions

trending

Back