Help With Tank Size, Etc

Domster566285

Reaction score
I have a 45-50 gallon tank, which holds an oscar, a parrot fish, and a bicher.Two weeks ago when i bought them, the storekeeer said it was a good size for them.

she lied.

lol, reading about oscars told me that one oscar needs 55 gallons!!
stupid storekeeper!
I dont want to get rid of any fish.
I dont know if i can move my parrot fish to my slightly community tank with the tetra, goldifish, and gourami in it. (three year old brother loves this tank)
I know cant move my bicher in that tank, becuase he is an acrobat, and the tank has squar gaps in the lid.
All my fish are fine and healthy.
any recommondations?

Well as you've already suggested you cant rehome any fish theres little I can 'suggest'.

By the way, 55 is too small for an oscar, most would recommend a minimum of 75-100g tanks.

Parrot fish will most likely love the tetras :crazy: Once full grown, they will be snack size for it :sad: so please don't transfur him into that tank. I don't know much about Bicher, so can't comment about them. I agree though that 75 gal would be a minimum size for oscar, and they can become very teritorial towards other fish when older. For this reason, I recomend that you try to re-home him if possible. If not possible, you will need to get him another tank. They can be as messy as a full grown gibasepse too, so overkill on the filtration :good:

All the best

Rabbut

Hi,

If you can it would be best to get a new tank 75g + for the fish that are in the 40-50g then move the goldfish the 40-50g as goldfish shouldn't be kept with tropicals being that they are cold water fish. Good excuse for more tanks me thinks.

Emma :)

Most reactions

Back