Help to ID some Africans

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

missyintx_99

Fishaholic
Reaction score
They are really not very good pics, but these were the only ones I could make heads or tails of out of nearly 70 pics. ANY help would be appreciated.
Here's the link:
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/missyintx_99

One that I couldn't catch sitting still for a second I really want to know what it is cause its sooo cool. Its yellow and white with pink eyes like an albino's eyes and the yellow and white are in stripes horizontally down the length of its body.
I wish I could get a pic of this little bugger, but it constantly swims back and forth the length of the tank or it gets in one of the corners and swims in circles.
Thanks for any input!

missyintx,

Its pretty difficult to try and indentify some of the shots (for me anyway)
I'm no expert so would only guess.

The "African Orange" may be a salousi female,or possibly a johanni female.

Itrs harder when you can't see all of the fish.

The guys on here will be much more help than me.

Sorry,

Craw

Thats cool Craw! I know they are the best pics. I keep trying but these darned africans are a lot harder to get decent pics of than my SA cichlids. It also doesn't help that my camera isn't the greatest.
The ones I posted are the best ones I've gotten out of nearly 100 shots.
I do appreciate any thoughts on what they might be!
Thanks

Hard to tell from the pics, but if I had to guess I would say the Orange one on the bottom may be a Pseudotropheus macrophthalmus and the Blue African may be a Pseudotropheus estherae

I don't make it here into this forum very often but just to let you know that I'm not ignoring you missy, I have no clue. :no:

Its cool SMB, I know you are more into the SA/CA Big boys! LOL!

Thanks Pufferpack. I'll look them up and see if they are it!
I really appreciate yall's time. 8)

THe Picture entitled "blue african" , I am 99% sure this is a male Labidchromis Textilus, I wouldnt say it was Pseudotropheus estherae Like suggested for the reason bieng the head of the Pseudotropheus estherae Is more rounded kinda like a Ps, Zebra. The pic entitled Brown african Looks like a female Labidochromis Textilus, I get tthis assumption off the pic entitled blue and brown african as it looks like the male is displying to her with his dorasl up.
THis is the best assumption I can make judging by the poor quality pics :unsure: , I hope this helps.AS for the pic Orange i am guessing some kinda Ps tropheops as it has the build of the Tropheops species, I dont think its a Ps Sauloisi as its too stocky and all the F1/wild Saulosi females I have had are a lovely Yellow not orange, BUt again I am only assuming :rolleyes:

Thanks Rift Man. I'll be trying to get some (hopefully) better pics up soon.
I appreciate you taking the time to look at them!

Most reactions

Back