HELP!!! Need to know if this is actually an SAE!!&

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

PereguineFalcon

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey, i got this fish from the LPS here, it looks almost like a SAE but i'm not quite sure. The LPS labeled them as Thai Flying Foxes...but they had some of the features of the SAE so i was just curious if it actually was indeed an SAE! Thankz....

Attachments

• Thai_Flying_Fox1.jpg
    Thai_Flying_Fox1.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 28
Yet again the same fish..got like 3 more of these so work with me.

Attachments

• Thai_Flying_Fox5.jpg
    Thai_Flying_Fox5.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 28
GUESS WHAT!! ANOTHER ONE!! YAY!!! k, i think thats enough. If not i can post more for easier identification later.

Attachments

• Thai_Flying_Fox6.jpg
    Thai_Flying_Fox6.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 24
No its a chinese algea eater watch out with them when they get bigger they become aggresive. Also make sure u have a strong lid they like to jump.

Definately a CAE, yellow fins help give it away!! Watch out for them!! SUCK SUCK SUCK :no:

Actually SAE's only have one set of barbels around the mouth, the true SAE's anyway. They also have clear fins, and the lateraline is a black line that has zigzagged edges. The black stripe also goes all the way into the fork of the caudual fin, most stop before then. No, last night i researched it more indepth and found out that this is actually a 'false siamese algae eater'...not to be confused with a chinese algae eater. Chinease algae eater has a different mouth stucture and doesn't have any barbels...at least from what i have had. True they do have colored yellowish fins...but this isn't an CAE....they had it labeled as a Thai Flying Fox...in a tank NEXT to the CAE...lol. So yeah. Thankz for the help though! Cheerio!

Most reactions

Back