help me please

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

sakaspuds

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i have a reasonable sized pond, it contains several wild fish, aswell as goldfish, and koi, now to the important bit, i have a spare 10gal tank setup, i would like to keep a coldwater tank if that is possible, so far i have several sticklebacks and i think 2 minnows (might be fry from a bigger fish, i dont know yet, i found it in my pond) the thing is i dont really want anything as big as a goldfish in this tank, so could you give me advice on what i could put in a tank at room temp (20-24c)

:D i have white cloud mountain minnows in with my fantails.

With coldwater fish it really depends on where you live and what is available to you. In the UK alot of coldwater require licenses, which if you want I can give you some information on. Some nice species I have seen around are here in the options for small ponds list. You could also consider a Hillstream Loach tank with a fast current and some broad flat surfaces for the fish to feed on their diet of micro organisms. A couple of other species I like are Black-banded Sunfish Enneacanthus chaetodon and Garra pingi pingi, some information here.

great thanks for the info, this maybe a daft question, but will bettas be ok in it? i have seen them in bowls like goldfish here and there

You can keep Bettas without a heater in smaller tanks, but in general they won't get along with coldwater fish, especailly Sticklebacks who will breed quiet readily and are resonable aggressive and may nip at the Bettas fins.

Most reactions

Back