Help iv got lots of eggs

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

sadler

Reaction score
Help :cry: , Iv got 100's of eggs stuck to the sides of my tank. The only fish i have which lay eggs are Danios, Neons, Harlequins and Bronze corys. I think they are cory eggs, can any one verify this information? and what should i do with them? if i leave them in there the other fish will eat them as they hatch. :/

STuck to the sides of the tank eh ? I reckon that could be snails eggs. I am probably wrong but I know that the small snsails which come free on plants :angry: eggs look like that. Iw ould think the fish would lay eggs on the plants/ ornaments.

I am probably wrong but heh!

William

I'll confirm there Cory eggs.
I've never breed them before myself, though I'm planning on some Panda Corys.
Heres an article Breeding Cory's Wrote by Mrs AfricanCichlidAU.
As for eatting the eggs, my opinion is that they will get eaten. Danios love to egg eggs, But I'll leave the this to someone with first hand experance.

I've managed to hatch cory eggs by removing them from the tank with a turkey baster and hatching them in a jar with a little acriflavine and an airstone. Good luck.

theve hatched!!!!  They are cory eggs and iv got loads of them swimming about now. tar 4 the help :D

nice one davy on predicting!  Well done on getting some babies sadler!  Does anyone know how to tell the sexes of corys?

Thanks

William

nice one davy on predicting! �Well done on getting some babies sadler! �Does anyone know how to tell the sexes of corys?

Thanks

William

The females are alot wider than the males when looking at them from above, and they are generally longer to.

Most reactions

Back