Help Help Help

DeadlyAlliance

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Help guys 2 of my golden mollies are dead. I woke up this morning and found one dead on its side. I immediatly took it out. A few minutes ago i found another golden molly dead. I dont know what could be wrong last night they where doing fine. They where swimming and eating nothing seem to be wrong. They where not at the top gasping for air no visible signs of any dease that i know of. I just chage the water about 2 days ago. This is not good i dont want my fish to die theres to many sure i could buy them all again but i dont want them to die i want to be a good fishkeeper. Ok my water seems to be fine.

Ph=7.6
Ammonia=0
Nitrite=0
Nitrate=40-80

My Nitrate level has always been around this range so i dont think that this could be a problem. Someone please help. Im including a pic of the 2nd dead fish.

Attachments

• Dead_Fish.jpg
    Dead_Fish.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 14
Sorry to hear about your fish! :( What kind of algae eaters do you have? I have heard of Chinese Algae Eaters (once they are older) attacking slow moving fish - especially at night while they sleep. They get on the fish and suck off their slime coat. :unsure: It wouldn't hurt to add some StressZyme, StressCoat, or something of the like to help regenerate the slime coating. Keep an eye on the AEs, they MAY be the culprits. -_- Good luck! :dunno:

I dont know there name the store has them lable as algea eaters. I dont think they attack my fish i watch the tank almost all the time. I have lost a total of 4 fish so far i dont know what to do.

Sorry to hear about your fish! :( What kind of algae eaters do you have? I have heard of Chinese Algae Eaters (once they are older) attacking slow moving fish - especially at night while they sleep. They get on the fish and suck off their slime coat. :unsure: It wouldn't hurt to add some StressZyme, StressCoat, or something of the like to help regenerate the slime coating. Keep an eye on the AEs, they MAY be the culprits. -_- Good luck! :dunno:

Most reactions

Back