Help a Gourami Newb!!

jason72g

Reaction score
I have successfully kept and bred about 200 guppies, but was overwhelmed with them, as i do not have the resources to keep them any longer.. So i Traded all of them in for 3 Dwarf Gouramis and 6 neon tetras!

Are they usually very very timid? I just put them in the tank and everytime i come in the room they flee away to the plants... Will they get over this? I hope so!

Is there any difference in the caretaking of these and livebearers? The H20 temp is a constant 79* F, and there is 1 teaspoon of salt per gallon in my tank... And the water chem. is perfect.

Are there any diseases that these fish get that i should be aware of besides ick?

And how are there breeding tendencies? How often, and how many?

Just basically give me advice for keeping these new fish!!

heya,

just a question, how big is your tank?

gouramis are usually quite shy, i just got 4 blue gouramis and the first 2 days they spent hiding around in the tanks, but now they've ogtten use to me and will come up for food and explore the other areas of the tank.

i believe they are semi-aggressive, so i'd just keep an eye out for htem. i notice mine likes to chase each other around a lot.

to reproduce, they are very much like bettas, the male will blow a bubblenest. but i dont' think they'll spawn unless you try to make them spawn..besides how do you tell the difference between a mael and a female gourami anyways :/ i sure can't.

go to this topic-topic

gouramis are alot different than keeping livebearers, hopefullt thsi topic will help you out.

Most reactions

Back