hello Im new just brought

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

lisa23

Reaction score
Hi, Im new here today I brought a little starter kit. Ive kept tropical fish in the past so know a bit about the tank cycle and stuff.

Anyway the starter kit had a pump, so I went and brought a small filter and have come home and set the tank up, thought it would be ok for a goldfish for my kids to watch. However having just read up on them its obviously not a good idea. so my question is is there anything at all I can keep in there or have I totally wasted my money?

Thanks for your help

Lisa x :blink:

well a 5gal you could have 2 guppies they are colourful and will catch your eye.
mine are in a tank in my living room at room temp they do fine.
you could get a betta (siamese fighying fish) they are colourful and dont really need a heater mine again lives at room temp.

lol

or you can even get about 6 white clouds they can live in coldwater so they would do fine.

hope ive helped :D

brilliant thanks, I had a beta in my old tank they are lovely would one really be happy in such a small tank? and I do like guppies cauld I have two males together?

Thanks for your help :D

Lisa x

A Betta would be fine in a 5 gallon. He'd be thrilled. :)

2 Male Guppies will not be okay, though. For it to really work with males, you need at least 5 Male Guppies...and they need room to get away from each other, and have their own territories, so I'm afraid that won't work in your tank. :/

I had a betta, three whiteclouds and some ghost shrimp in my five gallon tank for years. You wouldn't want to load the tank with all that on day one but you could build up to it.

Yea!! Another future betta addict!! :fun: Watch out, they take over all flat spaces in your house in no time at all! Beautiful fish though. I have 12. :) 2 African Dwarf Frogs would go well with a betta and they are pretty cute little guys. Or you could put a divider in your 5 gal and keep 2 bettas in there. :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back