Heater

zephyr

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hey...just wondering how long a 200watt heater will take to condition the water of a 200L tank?

i have to replace the heater as my heater fell and cracked....

thx :thumbs:

Hi and welcome to the forums.

This post should be in the begginer questions section, but hey ho.

What do you mean by condition the water? A heater wont do that, you need dechlorinator. If you mean get the water up to temperature, then it depends on the temp when you switched it on, the room temp, water flow and other stuff. It could take all day on a tank that size.

HTH

Jon

sorry about the description, was more into wateer conditioning as in temperature

the tank is equipped with a ProAqua 1200L/hr canister filter and sits in a carpeted hallway with an avg room temp of 22degrees celcius

Should only take a few hours then. If its an emergency and there are no fish in it, you could replace some of the water with warm water. If you have fish in it, just let the heater take care of it as your fish wont like sudden temp changes.

Jon

thx for the help...

i just needed to know so i know when i can exactly buy my fishies and place them safely into the tank

:thumbs:

:hi: to the forum.

Yes, these questions should go in the beginners section.

It seems as though you are just starting out, so I would suggest you do some research on cycling before adding fish. If you go to the beginners section, there should be two pinned articles that can help you out.

Join our school.
:fish::fish::fish::fish::fish:

Most reactions

Back