Guppies

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with keeping 3 danios in a 20 gallon tank with 3 guppies? Is it just that the danios will eat the guppy fry? Someone was saying something about them needing space to swim. Is a 20 gallon too small for the danios? I'm just curious.

FalconStorm said:
Can anyone tell me what is wrong with keeping 3 danios in a 20 gallon tank with 3 guppies? Is it just that the danios will eat the guppy fry? Someone was saying something about them needing space to swim. Is a 20 gallon too small for the danios? I'm just curious.
Some danios nip at guppies. A 20 gallon is the minimun space for zebra danios. And I have five danios not 3.

That's good to know. I never really planned to keep guppies and danios together, but that's good to know. *grin* I'll be sure to research them if I'm ever interested in having danios. :)

FalconStorm said:
That's good to know. I never really planned to keep guppies and danios together, but that's good to know. *grin* I'll be sure to research them if I'm ever interested in having danios. :)
If your gonna get danios to put with guppies I would recamend just getting plain zebra or leopard danios :D

But, but...I like those long finned danios! *grin* I wonder how they would nip on a female betta? Male would be bad, but females might be able to hold their own....

Actually, I have found Zebra and Leopard Danios to be MORE nippy with Guppies then any other kinds of Danios. But that's just my experience.

FalconStorm ~ There are Long Fin Leopard Danios, I know. I have some. And there MAY be Long Fin Zebra Danios. I have been keeping Leopard Danios with my Female Betta in a 30 gallon community for a year now. So far, no problem. My female has a bunch of hiding places if needed, but she's always been snappy at the Danios if they ever start bugging her. Now they learned their lesson. :p

Might want to ask in the Betta Section, though. :)

Most reactions

Back