guinea pigs

rosierabbit

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
land of robin hood (nottingham, of course)
just thought you all might like to hear about my guinea pigs. When we bought them, we were told we were getting short haired females (They have very long hair which often needs cutting.). I called mine Elvis (yes, i know Elvis is a boy's name) and my brother's went through a series of name changes (from 'Whitey', to 'Snowy'... :/ it was a white guinea, in case you hadn't guessed!!) but ended up with the name of Ruby.

To cut a long story short - Ruby had to go to the vets and get the snip!! :blink:

So now we have Elvis the female and Ruby the male - a great way to confuse people!! :crazy:

They have great personalities though, Elvis is greedy (we thought she was pregnant, because she's so fat!!) and very nosy while Ruby is quiet and eats a little bit. they're 3 years old now!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

If you go on my website - http://www.zeffertt.co.uk/rosie/page5.html you'll see a pic of them. But i don't have that fish anymore (i do have a whole new tank though!!) :fun:

i had a guinea pig i kept for five years she passed away june the 26 2003 I feel like she took my heart :wub: with her I never knew I could love :wub: a animal so much I had got another baby pig about two months before she died he looks like her so much I cant hardly stand to go by her cage it breaks my heart so bad I took her to three different vets trying to save her but I didnt have any luck. Some of those little babies can be so sweet :wub: :wub: . I hope that my little baby Ethel rests in peace :sad: where ever they go when they die and I can tell you this much try not to get so attached to yours because if they are anything like my baby Ethel was it will take a big piece of your :wub: heart :wub: with u when they die. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Try to give the stuff with plenty of vitiamn C in it you have had your for three years I guess you know all this by now anyways and I do wish you the best of luck with yours the life span is 5 years but the vet told me they can live up to 8 years with the proper care. She did tell me that I had one of the fattest pigs she has ever seen mine weighed 4lbs. 10 oz. she had heart failure my little ethel slept with me the last 2 months of her life I would put a towel in between me and my husband and she would lay there all nite and not offer to move I would wake up and give her medicine and some food and water in the middle of the nite she sure was my baby I sure do miss her I cant bring myself to even look at the other one that I bought I was thinking about giving him away to a good home .

I have 2 guinea pigs right now Bonnie and Sadie.

Bonnie originally came with her broter -Clyde- but a do incident took him from me. So I got Sadie to cheer her up. Sadie is now 4yrs and Bonnie is almost 8yrs.....Sadie is thicker more bullish and Bonnie very ladylike, but Bonnie rules the roost........I love them both very much and i do spoil them, but am really not sure about getting more, after they are gone. THey are a lot of work (surprisingly) ......lol

Guinny Pigs are great. I just got one for my sons. They like the fact that she is big enught to play with them and run around the house like a dog. The pig, Vita, loves running to the opening fridge to see if we will feed her. Happy Harmony is when you get a pet the kids dont mind taking care of! :D

I have a guinea pig and he is a smooth haire one and he is so quit and i really don't know alot about them but i know enought that i can take care of him.

what are some of the thing that i can do for my giuinea pig's for keeping him company when i take him out and hold him to keep him nice and worme.
B)

I have three g-pigs. I find that it is very hard to spend more then five minutes holding them without getting pooped on 8 times. I can't bring them anywhere because they pee and poo on everything. I can't wait till spring when I can bring them outside to eat the grass. They liked doing that in the fall very much. For anyone considering getting a guinea pig be fully aware of they dietary needs as well as their housing needs. 2 square feet per cavy. If they are in anything smaller you'll be cleaning the cage out everyday and it will still look and smell like crap.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back