Growth On Shubunkin's Face

Benny Bee

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i hope you're all doing well.
I just joined here because i'm at a loss as to how to cure one of my Shubunkins. He has a growth on his face, which has grown very quickly indeed. I tried weeks of Anti Internal Bacteria, and then weeks of Disease Clear. None of which has helped. And so yesterday i went to 3 Pet Shops who sold fish and none of them could help me, which is concerning in itself. One suggested that i join a forum like this to see if i could get an answer. If not he suggested i approach an online Vet.
My fish is eating and swimming around like normal and seems well in himself.
I would very much welcome any thoughts on this.
Thank you!
IMG-7474.PNG

Herpes hp-1 - goldfish or carp pox. It's untreatable and communicable, and the usual treatment is to isolate for life to slow the spread to tankmates. It's viral, and the meds you used were unfortunately just irritants.

Herpes hp-1 - goldfish or carp pox. It's untreatable and communicable, and the usual treatment is to isolate for life to slow the spread to tankmates. It's viral, and the meds you used were unfortunately just irritants.
Hi Gary
Thank you very much, i appreciate you getting back to me.

Carp pox or a tumor but both something you don't wanna see on your fish... And yes, as Gary has already stated, you can't do something about it. So basically, those at the store wouldn't be of any help anyways... But it wouldn't hurt if they would be taught better on fish diseases.

But besides this problem, I also like to welcome you to this forum... :hi:

Carp pox or a tumor but both something you don't wanna see on your fish... And yes, as Gary has already stated, you can't do something about it. So basically, those at the store wouldn't be of any help anyways... But it wouldn't hurt if they would be taught better on fish diseases.

But besides this problem, I also like to welcome you to this forum... :hi:
Thank you very much for taking time out to reply to me Emerald King, it's much appreciated.
I guess all i can do then is make sure he's as comfortable and happy as possible.
And i totally agree, the pet stores definitely could do with having more knowledge on fish, especially if they are selling them.
All the best to you for welcoming me, that does make me feel welcome indeed :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back