Greetings!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Solarpowered

Reaction score
My name is Scott. I am in Southern California. I am incrementally setting up a small hatchery. My goal is to have a hobby generate some retirement income. Long term goal is to make enough to travel 2-3 times a year to destinations worldwide.

I kept; bred and sold reptiles for over 30 years. Its time for fish! So much diversity. So many babies!

I am fascinated by species and have no interest in weird hybrids (flowerhorns and parrots…) and most of the goldfish being bred recently. I am appalled at the “short body” mutants. I can stomach longfin, barely, on a case by case basis. For me wild type is the best. Long term; i will embrace color and pattern mutants while keeping the species pure.

My plan moving forward is to start culturing live food. Moina, Neocaridinia, Artemia….

Once the inverts have kicked in; i will set up a large tank for some altum angels; let them pair off. Will also set up tanks for the pairs to have some privacy. 🥰

I am off to southeast Asia soon. Will take a net to see if i can find wild Betta and gouramis. Not to bring home. Just to see them in nature. When I return; spring will be in full force and the cultures will begin.

Cheers and love to everyone reading this. Thank you.

:hi:

Hi and welcome! Sounds like a fascinating set of projects! :D

I am off to southeast Asia soon. Will take a net to see if i can find wild Betta and gouramis. Not to bring home. Just to see them in nature. When I return; spring will be in full force and the cultures will begin.

Ooohh, if you have a go-pro camera, you could film them in the wild... I'd love to see more videos like that! They're always fascinating.

Welcome to the forum. :):fish:

Thank you
:hi:

Hi and welcome! Sounds like a fascinating set of projects! :D

Ooohh, if you have a go-pro camera, you could film them in the wild... I'd love to see more videos like that! They're always fascinating.

Welcome to the forum. :):fish:

Thank you. No go pro this trip. But friends with phones should suffice

Well, welcome to our forum... :hi:
Feel free to post some photos when you'll catch some wild fish species in Southeast Asia. Or a video blog would be nice as well.

Neocaridinia are not food.
They are Delicate, Distinguished, Amazing, Proud, Glorious, Beautiful and Precious.

I love them !!!

Take amanos if you want food. They grow faster and their shells are a lot softer to digest. They can lay thousands of eggs.

A good shape Neo will lay 20-50 eggs and has a pretty thick armour.

They are Delicate, Distinguished, Amazing, Proud, Glorious, Beautiful and Precious.

I love them !!!

Take amanos if you want food. They grow faster and their shells are a lot softer to digest. They can lay thousands of eggs.

Thank you.

I love them !!!

Aren't amino shrimp so notoriously difficult to breed that even big breeders can't be bothered to breed them cause it's too much of a bother?

Aren't amino shrimp so notoriously difficult to breed that even big breeders can't be bothered to breed them cause it's too much of a bother?
They breed in brackish water. I have zero desire to accomodate this. The member you replied too is emotionally attached to these shrimp. I get it. I think pigs are awesome too. And i eat bacon.

I will be feeding Neocaridina for sure. Feed the culls and sell the beauties! Amano are also slower to reproduce. On a per gallon per year basis; a Neo tank will make roughly the same number of babies as an Amano tank will. Without the extra work involved. And they are the maximum size food i will need.

You never had a pet pig!
I know someone who does, I tried to pet him once, he turned berserk and when off with the kitchen table squealing like a demented ham on hooves. I thought they where supposed to be calm, but nope it was very nervous all the time and was nearly impossible to touch and often panicked for nothing.

I know someone who does, I tried to pet him once, he turned berserk and when off with the kitchen table squealing like a demented ham on hooves. I thought they where supposed to be calm, but nope it was very nervous all the time and was nearly impossible to touch and often panicked for nothing.
I mean... if you look anything like your avatar pic, I'd be jumpy too!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back