"green" Crypt Wendtii Is...

wolfwolf

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a 20 gallon planted tank. My anubias and crypt spiralis look good but my crypt wendtii green has leaves that are a mix of brown, tinge of red, and black.

I dose .4ml of Flourish twice a week and have been doing 1.2 ml of Excel three times a week. I've also put a few root tabs in the substrate. I do not know what I am missing. The plant seems to grow but the leaves are not green.

I have a 18" nutrigrow bulb 15 watts (ten hour photoperiod). Water temp is 76F. Ammonia/nitrite/nitrate 0/0/15. My kH is 3.

When you bought it did the Label say - Cryptocoryne Wendtii 'Green'?

What I am assuming is that you actually have a Cryptocoryne Wendtii 'Brown' which is normally green when you buy it but once it starts to grow wel turns brown, red, purple and is a beautifully mixture of almost metallic browns and burgandys.

Andy

When you bought it did the Label say - Cryptocoryne Wendtii 'Green'?

What I am assuming is that you actually have a Cryptocoryne Wendtii 'Brown' which is normally green when you buy it but once it starts to grow wel turns brown, red, purple and is a beautifully mixture of almost metallic browns and burgandys.

Andy

The plants were definetly labeled as "green". You can actually see the plants online at thatpetplace.com. I went to the store to purchase them.

I just took a few minutes to check out the "brown" on a few websites. They look great. I'll have to inform the lfs about the questionable labeling.

Now I can quit cutting off the brownish leaves.... :good: :lol:

Most reactions

Back