Gourami with really long leg things

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Vip

Smily this!
Reaction score
what are those two things that look like legs on Gouramis?

Anyway, i have a couple in my tank and my large silver has one leg that is twice as long as its body, maybe its about 15cm, my trimac ripped it off once but then it grew back even longer now. is it ment to be this long?

Hi Vip :)

Those feeler things are actually the gourami's ventral fins. They have taste buds in them and, if you watch them, you will see that they use them often to "check things out," even other fish. :D

What kind of gourami are you talking about? He must be exquisite! :thumbs:

Vip said:
what are those two things that look like legs on Gouramis?

Anyway, i have a couple in my tank and my large silver has one leg that is twice as long as its body, maybe its about 15cm, my trimac ripped it off once but then it grew back even longer now. is it ment to be this long?
hiya, i think the gouramis u must have (the silver 1) is a moonlight gourami, the only way you will know for sure is to find a picture of a moonlight gourami and then compare yours to the picture.

i have two moonlights, they always seem to have very very long feelers. its very amusing wen u add a new fish to the tank and they go ova and "feel" the new fish up n dwn with its feelers.

hope this helps

yes, i think you may have a moonlight too. They are lovley fish!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back