Gourami Dying But Cant Die.

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

my gourami is in some serious trouble. i noticed one day he was swimming VERY awkwardly. then a little while later, i found he couldnt swim at all! now, his eyes have gone crooked and hes dying, but cant die! now all he does is laying on the bottom of the tank.....comepletely helpless....i dont know what to do!

You can choose to end his suffering. I know it's not an easy thing to do but it's the right thing. You can put him in a container with tank water and slowly add clove oil. More specifics on how to do this can be found online. Just google euthanizing fish with clove oil. There are other methods like putting in the freezer, and decapitating but I personally have a hard time with these methods. If you don't want to do it, maybe there is someone else you know that could do it for you?

Good luck and sorry about your gourami.
yeah. he just died. :(

I'm sorry :sad:
I'm probably going to be crying when one of my paradise fish die from old age, I love them. I know how you feel, I lost my favourite guppy, Midnight, after she had a complicated birth that left her in a bad way. I loved her but she didn't make it through the night.

my gourami is in some serious trouble. i noticed one day he was swimming VERY awkwardly. then a little while later, i found he couldnt swim at all! now, his eyes have gone crooked and hes dying, but cant die! now all he does is laying on the bottom of the tank.....comepletely helpless....i dont know what to do!

You can choose to end his suffering. I know it's not an easy thing to do but it's the right thing. You can put him in a container with tank water and slowly add clove oil. More specifics on how to do this can be found online. Just google euthanizing fish with clove oil. There are other methods like putting in the freezer, and decapitating but I personally have a hard time with these methods. If you don't want to do it, maybe there is someone else you know that could do it for you?

Good luck and sorry about your gourami.
yeah. he just died. :(
things happen dont they? i remember when my first zeke died. i went hysertical. he now rests in peace in my fron yard.
I'm sorry :sad:
I'm probably going to be crying when one of my paradise fish die from old age, I love them. I know how you feel, I lost my favourite guppy, Midnight, after she had a complicated birth that left her in a bad way. I loved her but she didn't make it through the night.
oops! accidentaly wrote it there! here we go:
hings happen dont they? i remember when my first zeke died. i went hysertical. he now rests in peace in my fron yard.

Most reactions

Back