Good evening Perth people!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

elephantnose3334

Fishaholic
Reaction score
This chat is for people in Perth, Australia only. How's your day been? What do you want to talk about today? Are there any news in my home city?

I think there's only 2 or 3 people from Perth in WA on this forum.

My day is the same as normal. Wake up in pain and haven't had enough sleep. Struggle to breath. Put the plants outside (not today tho coz it's actually raining here). Have something to eat and sit in the chair swearing at the computer all day. Then fall asleep with my head on the keyboard, wake up 4 hours later with the letters tgbhyfc stamped into my face and start all over again.

As for news, I have no idea. I don't get a TV or radio signal where I am and can't see much now due to the pesticide poisoning in January. Going to have to learn braille soon :(

I'm not in Perth, but I did just see a Tik Tok video of an orangutan at the Perth Zoo tossing a possum out of its enclosure. That possum got some serious air.
Where's the link for that?
Was it the old orangutan or one of the younger ones?
Was the possum dead or alive?

News flash
Perth Australia authorities are investigating the disappearance of pet cats. Many cat owners have reported that their pet cats are missing. Dozens of cat carcasses have been found at the local dump. Seems someone in the area has been devouring cats that come onto their property. If anyone has any leads, please contact Perth police. $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the perpetrator.

update: A potential suspect has been spotted by a Perth resident. The resident stated that a suspicious person was seen in her backyard chasing her two cats. The suspect was naked except for underwear. She described the supect as 6 foot tall with an extremely hairy body. She stated that his face resembled a wolf. Be on the lookout for anyone who matches this description. :werewolf:

Last edited:
update: A potential suspect has been spotted by a Perth resident. The resident stated that a suspicious person was seen in her backyard chasing her two cats. The suspect was naked except for underwear. She described the supect as 6 foot tall with an extremely hairy body. She stated that his face resembled a wolf. Be on the lookout for anyone who matches this description. :werewolf:
I was in werewolf mode (full moon and all) but wasn't in my underwear. I was wearing a thong and short shorts so my dangly bits hang out :p

Here’s the link, though it wasn’t a possum because it has (had) a furry tail. I’m not familiar with the wildlife in Perth but I’m 99% sure it was the last dwarf wooly mammoth in existence. Escaped from the back rooms of the Perth Zoo.

That may have been the cat killer suspect throwing out a reject from the pile of cats in his hut.

In other news, there are a lot of crime in the months coming by, especially in our northern suburbs. People getting hit and even dead. Bad stuff.
That's what happens when there is major inequality among the people. Poor people want things too and can't afford it. A huge housing crisis that is causing people to spend all their money on rent and can't afford food. Some homeless people even commit crimes so they get somewhere to live (albeit prison). I even contemplated committing crimes when I was on the street just so I could get some food and accommodation for a while. Desperate people do desperate things.

That's what happens when there is major inequality among the people. Poor people want things too and can't afford it. A huge housing crisis that is causing people to spend all their money on rent and can't afford food. Some homeless people even commit crimes so they get somewhere to live (albeit prison). I even contemplated committing crimes when I was on the street just so I could get some food and accommodation for a while. Desperate people do desperate things.
Booragoon is a safe place for my family with a lack of crime in this suburb. Not all places in Perth is exactly safe for a family. We've been living in Booragoon in more than a decade after we went to stay at Port Hedland up north in 2007-2008. Remember, this is an anything thread relating the City of Perth and their pets, so you can talk about anything that relates to these two. I've been going into the Royal Show since 2021 after a long hiatus after I visited it in 2013. I'm going tomorrow with my carer and relax with the poultry here.

In an earlier thread of mine, you mentioned your dogs a few times. I like dogs, but I was disgusted by the act done by your abusive sister. I have 2 dogs, labradoodles, named Stella and Indi. They are lovely girls who like to bark a lot. I am happy to discuss about your dogs, I wanted to know. :)

Same as your fish, but they were mentioned more times than your dogs. What was your favourite species to keep in your old house and why? I like the fishkeeping hobby and how you contributed it in TFF. TFF is a place where fishkeeping stories are told. What was your favourite freshwater tank of them all? Where did you get your fish from?

More about me: I was born in Subiaco, a northern suburb of Perth. Everyone was there when I looked to the world for the first time. My grandad was included. I'm the eldest of twins who were born at the same day by a minute apart. My twin brother is the youngest. He has a Pink Floyd vinyl record at his house. I used to like trains a lot when I was younger. I still occasionally hop on Transperth trains during the school holidays.

What happened to your childhood? I was hoping you remember your important bits, like the quail at the aviary. My God, it was a pretty sight to see when a quail lays blue eggs near you. I wish it happened to me. What was your favourite thing to do as a child and teenager? You're from an older generation, meaning your childhood is vastly different compared to Generation Z, where technology is everywhere.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back