Good Cam For Fish?

razer121

THE Triop Man XD
Reaction score
ok so...my 8mp phone is not the best at taking pictures of fish....so does anyone know of any decent ones which are under 100? ive been looking at the Fuji Finepix range...some real good ones but theres a few things i dont get,

is it better to have a higher optical or digital zoom? how do these effect the camera, the megapixel....how much does that effect it?? erm i like to use marco mode on my phone so i guess i would need a camera leaning toward this! if i need to provide more info i can! thanks! :hyper:

ok so...my 8mp phone is not the best at taking pictures of fish....so does anyone know of any decent ones which are under 100? ive been looking at the Fuji Finepix range...some real good ones but theres a few things i dont get,

is it better to have a higher optical  or digital zoom? how do these effect the camera, the megapixel....how much does that effect it?? erm i like to use marco mode on my phone so i guess i would need a camera leaning toward this! if i need to provide more info i can! thanks! :hyper:

for zooms, optical is what you want. digital zooms, imagine, what the shot would be like. considering the low final resolution of these ccd's, that's not a good idea.

its, probably not worth getting anything higher than 8 mega pixel.(on a compact camera. there is probably no good reason for anything more than 6- mega pixels) most have quite good macro. well at least as far as "closest distance" is concerned.

as for which one. the fuji is as good as anything. so go for an, up to, 8 mega pixel with a, minimum, of 3x zoom (optical). personally i prefer to use "standard batteries", though rechargeable. but a proprietary battery should not put you off.

ok so im not going to go anything fancy and dont really want to sped more then £150 cheapest here is best :) but i found this one,

Fuji FinePix S1000fd

reviews seem pretty good but has anybody used it?? is it worth it? i can get it for 100

ok so im not going to go anything fancy and dont really want to sped more then £150 cheapest here is best :) but i found this one,

Fuji FinePix S1000fd

reviews seem pretty good but has anybody used it?? is it worth it? i can get it for 100

though i have no experience of that camera. for the price its offered at, its hard to beat. but try and get "hands on" before you buy.

The fuji range are excellent, I use the S8000fd - they have good macro function, anti shake/image stabilisation and very good optical and digital zooms.

Worth keeping an eye here https://secure.fujifilm.co.uk/shop/consumer/digital/digital-cameras/view-all.

I've not used the S1000fd but it was one on my list when I was looking myself with a similar budget.

Also worth looking on hotukdeals website in case there are any offers about.

Most reactions

Back