goldfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SneakBetta

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I was just curious what goldfish get along with... specifically oranda goldfish. I've been looking through sites about oranda (don't worry.. i'm not getting any ideas) and can't find what they can live with. I'm just wondering if goldfish are generally friendly with other fish!

Other goldfish, carp, channel catfish, koi. I can't think of much else, and all of those are huge pond fish.

they go great with salt and pepper on a frying pan. Once they get about 6 inches they are just right. Delicious if i might add ;)

jxkim89 said:
they go great with salt and pepper on a frying pan. Once they get about 6 inches they are just right. Delicious if i might add ;)
... :blink:
ummm...ok. I don't think SneakBetta ment that jxkim89.

The only type of fish goldfish really go with are themselves... I've tried White Cloud Mountain Minnows but... I had less in the morning and that was the end of my goldfish keeping idea.

Oranda Goldfish are less robust and able bodied than Common/Comet Goldfish and other coldwater cyprinids and it is generally considered unwise to keep them together as the Oranda will be out competed for food and stressed by the faster moving fish. Good companions depending on the size of your tank would be some bottom dwelling fish like Dojo/Weather Loaches or Garra pingi pingi.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back