Gold Gourami With Opaline Gourami?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Gunngee

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Has anyone put them together? do they get along? I had a gold gourami about 2 years ago with a blue dwarf gourami but the gold gourami almost killed the blue dwarf so I traded the gold for some mollies.

i have a pair of gold, opaline, dwarf blue and a pair of kissing in the same tank with mo major issues. they have been together for 6 mos now. im not sure about adding them to two yr olds as they will be territorial now

i have a pair of gold, opaline, dwarf blue and a pair of kissing in the same tank with mo major issues. they have been together for 6 mos now. im not sure about adding them to two yr olds as they will be territorial now
I no longer own either of the gouramis. I traded the gold for some mollies and sadly 1 year later the blue dwarf died. I'm planning on purchasing the gold and the opaline at the same time and adding them at the same time.

Gold, Opaline and three-spot are all the same species - so as long as you get the male:female ratio right, they will all be fine together. I house 1 gold, 2 opaline and 2 three-spot gouramis in my 6ft with no problems :)

So I am assuming I should have one male and one female? I was hoping to only buy 2 but if 2:1 female to male ratio is better than maybe I could.

Hi Gunngee :)

Unless you are planning to breed them, I'd suggest you get two females. They tend to be much more peaceful than the males and usually get along well together.

I have 2 gold one blue get on fine, also have a pearl and 2 snakeskin in the same tank, I think all are female apart from one gold and the pearl, no issues with them.

Hi Gunngee :)

Unless you are planning to breed them, I'd suggest you get two females. They tend to be much more peaceful than the males and usually get along well together.

Cool, I don't want to breed them, my mollies do a good enuf job of that. I don't want anymore fry. It's setteled then, two females it is ! Thanks everyone for your input.

I have a male opaline with two female moonlights. Poor love he tries his best to woo them, but they just give him the Big E. But normally you will find them quite happy together. :good:

Most reactions

Back