Gold fish problem...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Aj86

Fishaholic
Reaction score
My mums goldfish was getting attacked by a crayfish and has lost alot of fins so i had to get my dogs water and put the goldfish in there because there was no other de chlorinated water... Do you think he will be fine untill i can get some de chlorinated water?

Ok this doesn't sound to good. Is he in the dog bowl? Not quite with you?

Crayfish will attack fish when they get larger enough and if given the chance they will kill. :)

Why not put the cray in the dogwater? if the goldfish is getting attacked, it may develope more problems by being kept in another animals water which could be dirty and filled with other things which could harm it, such as germs and bacteria

ryan said:

Crayfish will attack fish when they get larger enough and if given the chance they will kill. :)
Yea i jus got the fish in time.. hes not in the dog bowl but i had to use the dogs water... Cos i didnt have any water i dont use de chlorinator i leave the water to stand for a few days to get it to de chlorinate... do you think it would be ok for a couple of days till i can de chlorinize the water?

Aj86 said:
ryan said:

Yea i jus got the fish in time.. hes not in the dog bowl but i had to use the dogs water... Cos i didnt have any water i dont use de chlorinator i leave the water to stand for a few days to get it to de chlorinate... do you think it would be ok for a couple of days till i can de chlorinize the water?
Well it may be but I would be worried in case of bacterial infections that could have been in the dogs water which could then in turn cause disease or parasitic infections in the Goldfishes wounds or body.

ryan said:
Aj86 said:
ryan said:

Well it may be but I would be worried in case of bacterial infections that could have been in the dogs water which could then in turn cause disease or parasitic infections in the Goldfishes wounds or body.
I think im jus going to have to see how it goes... :( Because its my exchange students crayfish so i cant move him and we had to move the goldfish to the crayfish's tank cos the gold fish was attacking my mums betta so hopefully he will be ok for a couple of days :dunno:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back