Getting Paint Of The Back Of Tanks...

Matt Gleadow

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My mate has a nice 200 litre corner tank that he might sell me soon.

The only thing I dont like is that the 2 back panels of the tank have been painted light blue on the outside cos it used to be a marine tank so looked quite good then but I wont be doing Marine so I dont want a blue background.

Is there anyway of getting the paint off? Using Nitromorse or similar? Paint is on the outside of the tank not the inside so its not going to leave any toxins in the tank itself. I'm just wondering if it will work well enough for me to get it back to a clear glass finish?

Thanks

the paint won`t have stuck all that well to the glass, so you should be able to scrae it off fairly easily. you get scrapers that will hold stanly knife blades from B&Q and similare painters and decorators use them to get paint/mastic/plaster off of glass and they work great for aquariums.....

just make sure before you set the tank up that the background is exactly how you want it and clean, as when i moved mine in with the MRS there were a load of water marks on the back of the tank and it wound me up for months

Most reactions

Back