"gasping" at surface

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Nospherith

Fishaholic
Reaction score
One of my cardinal tetras is gasping at the surface. The rest (most of them) have ich or some kind of white spot. They came home from the LFS yesterday and one of them has already died. My water parameters: temp: 76, pH: 6.8, and NN&A are ok. I'm more concerned about the gasping becuase I have no clue why the fish is doing that. It's a 20g planted with C02 injection. I'm keeping the 8 cardinals with just one guppy at the moment. Thanks for your help.

Nospherith

-- I'm afraid that the gills on this fish may be inflamed. Maybe that could help in a diagnosis? --

I think the inflamed gills are the result of gasping because..of something :D though i assume you bought them sick :blink: ? just make sure you dont make the same mistake and give whoever takes care of the fish at your lfs a good, long lecture.

I'm not sure about a diagnosis on inflamed gills, though there should be cures of ich. my previous ich encounters were cured quite quickly. My method was to put the right amount of the medicine in the bucket you are going to replace to water in and change the water, bla bla. It worked and ich was cured in 1 night :) . The bottle of ich medicine i used was called: aristopet aquamaster rapid whitespot remedy which i bought for $10 AUS

Most reactions

Back