Funny Betta Story

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

buggyboutbettas

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ok so I go to feed Orca (my betta) last night and take out a pellet and drop it in. for some reason the pellet swirled around when it hit the water. Seeing my hand, Orca was nice and ready when I dropped it. As soon as the food hit the water he lunges for it but it was swirling to fast and missed and blew a whole bunch of bubbles. It sounded like someone blew through a straw into the water! He sat there stunned the next second wondering how he missed it and then took another shot. missed again. and agian. after the third time he just waited until it stoped swirling watching it and moving his head side to side like: :no: (only without a frown). It was the most hilarious thing I ever saw a fish do. Finally he chomped it after it was nice and steady.
:rofl: :lol:

Do you guys have any funny fish stories?

OMG! I just fed him and he did it again except this time he was more aggressive :sly:
HaHa....He didn't do it this morning or lunchtime. :lol:

My betta actually likes it when they swirl around.. brings out his hunting instinct or something. You should see him "stalk" his food and then make a sudden lunge at it... too funny ^^

I have one male betta who insists on taking the food from my hand before i let go of it...or at least he tries. :lol: His name is Killer. :sly: :lol:

My betta is such a peaceful fish. He is lazy. Always moving slowly. Oh it is time to eat, ok I guess I'll come. It kills me. Live food, who cares? He aint chasing nuttin'. At least he isnt to lazy to not care about his reflection on the tank. :flex:

Dolphin, at what temp do you have your Betta? If it's low (below 75) then that might be why he's lazy. Bettas tend to not be very active at lower temps, and become much more active when they are warm and comfy. Of course maybe your Betta is warm and just naturally lazy, Lol

Linda

All my Thai fighters, none of the Vietnamese, will jump up to attack any hand that hovers over their container sometimes. My guess is that they won't/can't wait for the food to drop.

Most reactions

Back