Fresh To Saltwater Nano

hi, tanks looking great :good: realy good insperation for me as im in the middle of setting up my river reef 50l which is very simular to yours.

Wot powerhead is that your using? im stuck between the koralia 900 or the 1600, i dont wont it to be to powerfull and the fish blown all over the place lol.

James

Thanks :) I get a lot of good compliments from my relatives and from carers and nurse taking care of my grandma, everytime they see it and they aren't as patient always asking why haven't you got fish in yet. Since they don't know much about marine setups they asked why does the rocks look so good lol because most of the rock is filled with purple Coraline algae. People put in Coraline algae on purpose for looks but the rock wouldn't work as efficiently when its covered with it and the rocks I bought already had some and is slowly getting overrun by it. I just hope it doesn't get on to the screen can be hard to get off.

My power head does 3000l/h I know it seems too powerful for a 60lt because it would work out as 50x turnover. However, its the positioning of it which cuts down the flow rate. So the way I have positioned mine as you can see its push down the tank but facing up so there is movement on the surface and then it hits the side glass and the skimmer on the other side.
Also facing the PowerHead up will not only cut down the speed but will also help the gas exchange to work more effectively which will rise the PH of the tank water, one way to raise it. Its works well for me as I only have to run one powerhead.

Of course if you are going to go for a power head thats facing directly into the rock build then you shouldn't be looking no more than 2000l/h but I will recommend buying another one thats facing up towards the surface.

Once the current reaches my Pulsing Xenia the flow isn't pushing them around so its looking good.

Most reactions

Back