For anyone who has a dog....

Pure14K

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Be especially patient with your humans during this time. They may appear to be more stressed-out than usual and they will appreciate long comforting dog leans.

They may come home with large bags of things they call gifts. Do not assume that all the gifts are yours.

Be tolerant if your humans put decorations on you. They seem to get some special kind of pleasure out of seeing how you look with fake antlers.

They may bring a large tree into the house and set it up in a prominent place and cover it with lights and decorations. Bizarre as this may seem to you, it is an important ritual for your humans, so there are some things you need to know:

- - don't pee on the tree
- - don't drink water in the container that holds the tree
- - mind your tail when you are near the tree
- - if there are packages under the tree, even ones that smell interesting or that have your name on them, don't rip them open
- - don't chew on the cord that runs from the funny-looking hole in the wall to the tree

Your humans may occasionally invite lots of strangers to come visit during this season. These parties can be lots of fun, but they also call for some discretion on your part:

- - not all strangers appreciate kisses and leans
- - don't eat off the buffet table
- - beg for goodies subtly
- - be pleasant, even if unknowing strangers sit on your sofa
- - don't drink out of glasses that are left within your reach.

Likewise, your humans may take you visiting. Here your manners will also be important:

- - observe all the rules mentioned above for trees that may be in other people's houses.
- - respect the territory of other animals that may live in the house
- - tolerate children
- - turn on your charm big time.

A big man with a white beard and a very loud laugh may emerge from your fireplace in the middle of the night. DON'T BITE HIM!!

- Unknown

:kira:

:lol:

My dog used to sleep under the tree, and when he woke up, decoration usually felt down..

I had no idea on several of those things :fun: . Tanx 4 da' N-fo tho. :thumbs:

My cat peedo n a present.... that was great

My first great dane was so tall when he peed on the tree it was like half way up the thing! lol.

We had that garland out that looks like a string of tree branches. It was on the kitchen floor so my basset hound figured, hey it's marking time. He peed on it! Then when we were hanging lights outside he peed on the lights on the ground! My great dane I have now jumps on the fence and breaks the lights!!!! Ughhh...

lol @ Auratus's cat episode! anyways that was quite funny pure14k thanks for posting that. I haven't really been in the x-mas spirit yet but I hope it comes quickly!!!! Prolly when we get the tree it'll come to me!

I have the best Christmas cat story. This was about 5 years ago and my big white fluffy cat Max was about a year old. Hubby and I went out bought a tree, came home put it up. As hubby was laying under the tree getting ready to plug in the tree lights Max comes out of the bedroom and looks at the tree, looks at my hubby under the tree and back at the tree a couple of times. The hubby looks at me to see what I'm laughing at and sees the cat. Hubby tells Max to stay out of the tree. Max looks at hubby with this look of I can't believe you bring me a tree and put it in the house and tell me, a cat, not to climb it. Max jumps into the middle of the tree with out ever looking away from the hubby. The two of them were had thier eyes locked on eachother. To see this was a compleate riot. To this day it's my fave Christmas memory.
Rose

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back