For All You Evolution Belivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kribensis12

I know where you live
Reaction score
I am not going to make this religious, but where does that first molecule or what ever comefrom to make cells and everything.

Just so you know... there are evolutionists who still believe in evolution AND god.

In the science course I just took at Uni, the professor said that was the biggest problem with Evolution, that even evolution scientists will admit. They don't know. That's why we can't take the chemicals that make life and actually create it. No one knows the step between chemicals and life.

maybe one day we'll know, but not yet.

In the science course I just took at Uni, the professor said that was the biggest problem with Evolution, that even evolution scientists will admit. They don't know. That's why we can't take the chemicals that make life and actually create it. No one knows the step between chemicals and life.

maybe one day we'll know, but not yet.

Someone once said an unobserved universe does not exist. The universe may have created life, so that it could be. Just something to ponder :fun:

I am not going to make this religious, but where does that first molecule or what ever comefrom to make cells and everything.
This is not a question about evolution. It regards abiogenesis. Evolution does not regard the origin of life only the way that all current species branched off AFTER the first cells formed. HTH :good:
The same place as the ones God is made from?Dave.
+1 :nod:

I am not going to make this religious, but where does that first molecule or what ever come from to make cells and everything.

I don't see where this spurt came from but Humans might never know. I have read an article awhile ago that life might have evolved from viruses. At this point in time scientists are debating on wither a virus is living or not. What makes something living is the capacity to reproduce, grow, respond to stimuli, consume, contain cellular patterns, adapt, and regulate. Viruses can do all of the above but reproduce, at lease, on there own. Viruses inject cells with DNA/RNA with a needle like appendage. While viruses reproduce off of cells today, in the past there structure may have be composed differently to suit there reproduction. Right now scientists on this matter can only theories. Evolution is only a theory. The reason evolution has stayed as a firm theory is because other theories that may rival it will have more flaws. The theory that has the most evidence is the one that is more broadly adapted.

A molecule consists of two or more elements connected by a stable bond. DNA, is a complex molecule, but a molecule nonetheless. DNA is the blueprints of our life, and our planets (that we know of so far, except viruses...kind of..)

Moreover, a better way to name this topic would be 'New evidence is shown that evolution may have more flaws then we thought" or "Spirituality vs. Science". I have an odd feeling that this topic may be frayed from the pack.

The same place as the ones God is made from?
Dave.

According to most religions, God isn't made up of anything, but rather a feeling or a unity of faith, an essence of everything.

Just so you know... there are evolutionists who still believe in evolution AND god.

PERFECT! Personally that I what I believe. The reason I strongly feel this way is because I am Christian and have read genesis extensively. With in the first couple of pages there is a quote saying something close to: 'a day is a month, a month is a year, a year is a lifetime'. Later on it says that the world was created in 7 days....but what is a day? A day could have contained what we know is 5 billion years. But then again, religion is also a theory, a theory that we can have faith in, and the reason I say this is because people couldn't have interpreted everything correctly thousands of years ago..and who wrote the bible, the coran, or the new testament? Nothing can be proved, and that is why there is faith and that is also why we need to move forward and keep our minds and eyes open.

-------------------

Life is a theory.

I agree, I don't see why things need to be so black and white. Either you are a creationist or an evolutionist. Why not in between? I personally believe God created the first molecule, the first creation of life and evolution progressed.

Evolution is only a theory. The reason evolution has stayed as a firm theory is because other theories that may rival it will have more flaws. The theory that has the most evidence is the one that is more broadly adapted.
Scientific theories are pretty much hypotheses with very substantial evidence behind them. For instance, gravity is a theory, then there's Einstein's Theory of relativity. These theories are not challenged by anyone except for fringe fundamentalist groups.

Danno, good explanation of viruses btw :good:

I am a christian, and i suggested that evolution might gods way of making new animals at my church.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=205832

"11. Politics and Religion

For similar reasons that we do not have a General Chat Forum, the discussion of religion and politics is forbidden in this forum. The only exceptions may include:

* areas of politics that may have a direct impact on the science of aquarism or the study of it
* areas of a particular religion that may have an impact on or effect the science of aquarism

This most definitely is a grey area. Discussion should be focused and polite and directly kept to the topic being discussed. Any partisan politics or anti-religious comments will result in an immediate ban."

I do not think this concerns an area of a particular religion that may have an impact on or effect the science of aquarism.

Topic closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back