flukes

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

sneaker

Reaction score
Hi, Please help! Can you suggest a method of treatment that won't necessitate medicating the entire tank.
The tank (only tank) is a beautiful 12 gal; bio-wheel filteration; the little guys: 6 plattys and 4 corys.
When I first set-up the tank, only one platty showed signs of "flash -scraping". The water quality is excellent; I enjoy monitoring all of the values. From what I read, some flukes are always present. I was concerned, but remained watchful. Now three plattys seem to be afected, and two of them are spending some time by themselves on the bottom (with fins closed).
Please understand that I cann't set-up a hospital tank at this time. When I read about administering several salt baths over consecutove days (and perhaps some additional medication), is the bath just that, a prolonged dip. I could place a few gallons of good aquarium water in a clean aquarium bucket; then add the meds, then add the fish (for how long a bath?). I don't want to stress the sick fish. I've not added aquarium salt to the tank because of the corys.
Please set me on the right path. I love my fish. Thank you, Sneaker

Most reactions

Back