Fish are going white

toggle

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi All,

I noticed on one of my appistos that her Belly, (near fins) a section of her belly has gone white....where it usualy is colourful, i cheked on my other fish and ive noticed my Male appisto...Peacock Goby, 2 neno Blue Gouramies and 2 clowns are starting to go that way too :crazy:

I've spoken to Vixen and she mentioned something about Velvet? is there a desease called this...plus what medication do i need? All i have is a bottle of MelaFix and a bottle of "Aquarium Doctor" FC+ *Anti Fungus Treatment*

Should i use either of these to get rid of it? or will i need to get any other medication?

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease help...i only noticed it today as they was fine yesterday (im just about to do a 30% water change) and my Parimeters are fine..

Yes, velvet is a disease, Toggle. Sorry to say this, but it sounds like your fish definatley have it. Melafix is for fin rot, (I think! :rolleyes: ) and as you said, Aquarium Doctor is an anti-fungus treatment, so don't use any of them. You can buy treatment especially for velvet at your LFS.
Yes, still do the 30% water change, though.
Good luck! :D

Are they white patches on her belly, it dosn't sound like velvet to me, are they flicking and rubbing against objects.

its just like a white patch....like all colouring has gone and is just plain white

also doesnt look fluffy, just normal skin type....just is white

1) Oodinium - Velvet disease

2) Amyloodinium - Coral fish disease

B. Problem in aquarium and cultured fish.

C. Clinically, fish flash in the water and become depressed with lateral opercular movement. A shimmering heavy yellow colored mucus secretion over the skin and gills is observed. Histologically, large oval organism (80 microns diameter) with multiple chromatophores and a single eccentric nucleus are attached to epithelial cells by a pseudopodia.

Most reactions

Back